Tips for all of your sessions
What should we wear or bring?
What you wear for your portrait session is really up to you, but we have some suggestions to help you create the image that you are looking for.
1) We encourage you to stay away from busy or contrasting tones and mixing light and dark colours. You do not have to be all in the same colour, but the same tonal
range helps to draw the attention away from your clothes and to the important thing, the people in the portrait.
2) Choose styles that you feel personally good in. If you want something more formal, lean that way. If you are more casual and want a more relaxed feel, jeans with
simple and softer tones on top is a great choice.
3) Big patterns, florals or stripes often create very busy pictures and take the focus away from the people in the photo. Solids and muted tones work best.
4) Put a little planning into what you will wear. A little extra thought will help to create a better looking portrait.
5) Props. If you have items that you would like included in your session please bring them. Many parents bring important items or a change of outfit. We will try things
as long as the children in our midst have patience and are still willing to pose.
Where should we have our portrait session done? At the studio? On location?
Studio sessions are great and create amazing photos, but sometimes you want to choose location that has a personal meaning to you, or an outdoor location that reflects what you are looking to have created.
Do you have a cottage, a location that has a personal meaning, a property you love, a favourite park? Choosing your location is key to having portraits that feel unique and personal to you and your family. We are also very happy to help you find a location that suits the style you are trying to create.